VALLEY MEDICAL GROUP
ENDOCRINOLOGY AND DIABETES EDUCATION
Endocrine Services are provided at out Greenfield, Amherst and Easthampton locations.
• Greenfield: Dr. Matthew Spitzer
• Amherst: Dr. Stuart Chipkin and Dr. Matthew Spitzer
• Easthampton: Dr. Stuart Chipkin and Dr. Matthew Spitzer
Diabetes Education and Registered Dietitians are available at all 4 centers.
• Easthampton and Northampton: Diane Alpern RD, LDN and Bonnie Grenier RN, BSN, CDE
• Greenfield and Amherst: Marjorie Sobil, RDN, LDN, CDE and Sarah Anderson RN, BSN
The Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism team sees the full spectrum of hormonal disorders including diabetes, over- and under-active thyroid states, thyroid nodules, osteoporosis and parathyroid abnormalities as well as adrenal and pituitary disorders. We also see patients with disordered metabolism problems including polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and cholesterol abnormalities. In addition, we work with appropriate therapists to provide hormonal therapy for transgendered patients. We are the only group in Hampshire and Franklin counties to utilize ultrasound-guidance for thyroid biopsies. We work with all primary care providers and specialists in the area to create a coherent and cohesive approach to your health.
Valley Medical Group’s Diabetes Education Program is recognized by the American Diabetes Association as meeting national standards for diabetes self-management education.
What we offer:
• Diabetes Education: We offer both individual appointments and group classes. Providing the knowledge, guidance and support for your specific needs throughout your diabetes journey. For current class schedules, click HERE.
• Nutrition Therapy: Personalized nutrition counseling and guidance that fits your lifestyle and your medical needs.
**PROGRAMS VARY BY LOCATION**
ASK YOUR PROVIDER FOR MORE INFORMATION
For even more information about diabetes, visit the American Diabetes Association website at www.diabetes.org